
Several WWE fans have been rallying for a Gunther vs. John Cena match before the end of the latter’s retirement tour. However, a different star from Nigeria also wants to draw the conclusion to Cena’s WWE career with his own hands.
Well, it’s none other than the former NXT Champion Oba Femi, who also gave a subtle warning to Cena about watching his step and stated that he would be the one to “retire” him by “putting him out”. (via WWE_GODD on X)
If I could cut to John Cena…I’ll put him out…I’ll sure do. He’s [already] on the way out, so, watch your step [to Cena].
Cena only has five appearances left before the end of his retirement tour, with his final match scheduled for December 13, 2025. So, can Femi’s wish to lock horns with Cena in the latter’s final WWE match come true?
Chances of a John Cena vs. Oba Femi Match




Despite being on his retirement tour, Cena remains one of the biggest draws on the current WWE roster. Quite a few noted stars wished to lock horns with the 17-time world champion before the ‘Cenation’ star calls the curtains to his decorated in-ring career.
To date, most of Cena’s retirement tour matches have taken fans down memory lane by featuring clashes with his former opponents, such as CM Punk and Brock Lesnar. His upcoming match with AJ Styles at Crown Jewel on October 11 is expected to have a similar effect, as Cena and Styles are former opponents, with their first feud dating back to 2016.
However, after Cena’s defeat against Lesnar at Wrestlepalooza, the WWE CCO, Triple H, mentioned that he would like to watch the promotion’s relatively lesser-known faces to challenge Cena.
The Game also highlighted how a match against the 17-time world champion can be a significant stepping stone for an upcoming star, given the boost it can provide to his career. During his appearance at the Wrestlepalooza post-show, Triple H said: (via WWE on YouTube)
“If I was in the WWE lockerroom, in this moment, I would be looking at John Cena and thinking, he is ripe for the picking now and I will move in and make a name for myself in this moment. I will jump in the John Cena lottery and get myself a top-shelf booking against a guy that I think, right now, I can take out.”
WWE fans have been pretty content with watching Cena take on his previous rivals one last time before retiring, but Femi’s current stature in the WWE community fits well with Triple H’s choice of opponents for Cena’s remaining matches.
Booking Cena against a noted WWE star seems to be the best option to make his final match memorable. However, with the WWE CCO backing the upcoming stars like Femi for the rest of Cena’s matches, it won’t be surprising if the Nigerian’s wish of retiring the 17-time world champion comes to life on December 13.
Drew McIntyre and The Miz Also Want a Piece of John Cena
Femi’s current position in the WWE might fit Triple H’s description of the opponents he wants for Cena’s remaining matches. Still, securing the spot of Cena’s final in-ring rival on December 13 appears tough, given the renowned stars who are also in the running.
The former two-time WWE Champion, Drew McIntyre, is the first obstacle in Femi’s path. In a one-week-old interview, The Chosen One lauded how Cena was putting up enthralling showdowns amid his retirement tour, saying, “SuperCena is back.” Subsequently, he expressed his wish to lock horns with the Cenation star before his retirement. (via Rosenberg Wrestling on YouTube)
“I want this John Cena. He’s been killing it. He’s going out in a blaze of glory right now. These last couple of matches. SuperCena is back. I want to take down Super Duper Cody first, and then I want to take down Super Cena.”
Besides McIntyre, Cena’s former opponent, The Miz, also desired a match with the Cenation star amid his retirement tour. Over the years, the Miz has been in a few exciting storyline feuds with Cena. Hence, The Awesome One hoped that he would also get a match with Cena, especially since the WWE looked keen on booking Cena against his former rivals.
However, in a three-day-old interview, The Miz expressed disappointment about not being booked with Cena amid his retirement tour till now. (via The Schmo on YouTube)
“It pis**s me off as a WWE Superstar because I feel like I have had a big rivalry with John Cena. I’ve had multiple WrestleManias with John Cena. And yet the fans aren’t sitting there saying, ‘Hey, we want The Miz vs John Cena.’ They’re saying, ‘We want AJ Styles vs John Cena… I’ve been vocal! I’ve been the first person to say out there that I wanna put my name in the hat to go against John Cena. I was the first person. When I heard about the whole farewell tour, I said, ‘I wanna be the first person to put my name in the hat.”
Cena’s final match on December 13 is expected to garner a lot more eyeballs if he faces stars like McIntyre or The Miz instead of Femi, who is yet to reach that level of stardom. But with the WWE CCO standing behind the ones like Femi, do you think he will be Cena’s final WWE rival on December 13? Let us know in the comments below.
This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire
from FandomWire https://ift.tt/QKMkRtG
No comments: