
Pierce Brosnan, who has played 007 in four classic James Bond movies, has dished on who he thinks could be Daniel Craig‘s successor. The veteran actor thinks that Amazon MGM could “go left-field” and pick a completely new face. His comments come amid an overwhelming interest in who will replace Craig in Denis Villeneuve’s upcoming James Bond movie.
In a recent conversation with The Times, Brosnan noted that “there are lots of good hats in the ring” and “lots of great actors” who are being considered for the role. He told the outlet,
I see it. I follow it. They could probably just go left-field and pick someone that none of us know about.
He refrained from mentioning any names, saying, “I wouldn’t pick anyone.” Brosnan, who played 007 in four Bond movies between 1995 and 2002, joked, “My wife told me not to say anything and I’ve said too much. Because once I say something it goes [everywhere] and I get hanged.”
What We Know About Denis Villeneuve’s James Bond Movie So Far

With Denis Villeneuve as the director and Steven Knight as the writer, the upcoming film will be the first James Bond movie since Daniel Craig’s No Time to Die. Knight has already completed the first draft of the screenplay, moving forward to further development.
The project is being produced by Amy Pascal and David Heyman. Amazon MGM Studios has enlisted Nina Gold as the casting director. The next James Bond has not been confirmed yet. However, names like Callum Turner, Jacob Elordi, Jack Lowden, Harris Dickinson, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson have been floated.
In particular, there has been significant buzz about Jack Lowden potentially being chosen to play 007 in the upcoming Bond movie. Richard Osman previously claimed on his The Rest Is Entertainment podcast that someone had tipped him off about Lowden being chosen to play the part. Later, he clarified, “It is definitely not a ‘he’s definitely got it’ thing. He is definitely being strongly considered. I think he’d be amazing.”
Gary Oldman, who co-starred with Lowden in Slow Horses, also mentioned his name. The actor said on Canada’s The Morning Show (via Variety), “It’s been rumored that [Lowden] is on the shortlist. We’re going to find out pretty soon, aren’t we? Because they have picked him. They have made their choice, but they have not announced it yet. So my fingers are crossed for Jack.”
Brosnan’s latest comment about the casting is quite different from all the buzz around Lowden being picked. Either way, fans are excited for James Bond to return with a new chapter. Who do you think should be the next 007? Let us know.
This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire
from FandomWire https://ift.tt/HZKfSuw
No comments: